This article describes the accounting schema for the vendor prepayment journal flow in Dynamics AX 2012.
If you want a description of the functionality, go to this article : vendor prepayment journal.
Data for the example:
- prepayment without sales taxes : 150
- Prepayment sales taxes : 24,58
- Invoice – Charge account : 550
- Invoice – Sales taxes : 107,8
- Total invoice to pay : 657,8
Remark: the first step is the prepayment journal because there is no accounting for the purchase order. In this example, there is no inventory accounting for the product receipt.
This article describes how to create a prepayment for a vendor from a payment journal. You can also choose to do the prepayment from the purchase order, in this case go to this article: vendor prepayment.
The creation of a prepayment from a payment journal is done in 3 steps:
- Step 1: Create the payment journal for the prepayment,
- Step 2: Post the vendor invoice,
- Step 3: Link the prepayment to the invoice,
This article describes how to use the vendor prepayment functionality in Dynamics AX 2012.
The creation of a prepayment from the purchase order is done in 4 steps:
- Step 1: Setup the prepayment,
- Step 2: Create the prepayment invoice,
- Step 3: Payment journal,
- Step 4: Link the prepayment in the final vendor invoice.