This article describes how to use the payment journal in the accounts receivable module of Dynamics AX 2012. There are several options to do the payment flow:
- Option A: payment journal and Enter customer payments form.
- Option B: payment journal and settlement function.
- Option C: payment journal and payment proposal.
- Option D: payment journal and posting in Payments Transfers form.
This article describes how to create a prepayment for a vendor from a payment journal. You can also choose to do the prepayment from the purchase order, in this case go to this article: vendor prepayment.
The creation of a prepayment from a payment journal is done in 3 steps:
- Step 1: Create the payment journal for the prepayment,
- Step 2: Post the vendor invoice,
- Step 3: Link the prepayment to the invoice,