This articles describes how to settle manually a customer transaction with a payment in Dynamics AX 2012
1/ Customer settlement
Access: Accounts receivable > Common > Customers > All customers
If a payment was entered and posted, but not yet settled with an invoice or other transaction, you can settle the payment and invoice by opening the Settle open transactions form from the Customers forms.
This article describes how to use the payment journal with a deposit slip in the accounts receivable module of Dynamics AX 2012. To create a deposit slip, you can use the Enter customer payments form or directly enter the payment in a journal.
Option A: Payment journal & Enter customer payment form
This article describes how to use the payment journal in the accounts receivable module of Dynamics AX 2012. There are several options to do the payment flow:
- Option A: payment journal and Enter customer payments form.
- Option B: payment journal and settlement function.
- Option C: payment journal and payment proposal.
- Option D: payment journal and posting in Payments Transfers form.
This article describes the setup needed to use the bill of exchange functionality in Dynamics AX 2012. A bill of exchange is an electronic order from a customer specifying that another party, the bank, should pay a stated amount to the company. To use this functionality, you must:
- Create several specific journal name,
- Setup a customer posting profile for the BOE flow,
- Update AR parameters,
- Create a method of payment,
- Setup the layout in the bank account (if needed).