This article presents the basics setup for the cash and bank management module in Dynamics AX 2012. This module can be used to maintain the legal entity’s bank accounts and the financial instruments that are associated with those bank accounts.
To be able to use the Cash and Bank management module, you need to setup several components:
- Bank transactions types: Set up the types of transactions that are made in bank accounts, such as deposit slips, fees, and interest charges. Transactions types are used in the bank reconciliation functionality.
- Bank transactions group: groups of transaction types. Transactions group are used in the bank reconciliation functionality
- Cash and bank management parameters: select the parameters for the module and select number sequences for the automatic numbering of bank documents.
- Payment purpose codes: you can create payment purpose codes for the central bank.
- Bank reasons: create bank reason code you can use to explain why some types of transactions were entered or why some field values were changed.
- Bank group: setup general information about the bank groups in which you have several bank accounts.
- Bank accounts: setup informations for bank accounts.
- Journal names: setup two journal names for the desposit slip or check cancellation
- Payment layout: setup the layout for cheque, promissary note and bill of exchange.