This article describes how to setup the budget control in Dynamics AX 2012. Budget control is a method of enforcing that sufficient budget funds are available for planned or actual purchases. The setup of the budget control content a temporary version and an active version. You need to set up basic budgeting before configuring budget control.
Budget control set up:
This article describes how to setup the budgeting module in Dynamics AX 2012. Before setting up budget in Dynamics Ax, you should prepare or identify:
- financial dimensions and accounts to use in the budget.
- currencies and exchange rates to use in the budget.
- budget codes to use.
- define which budget transactions need workflow approval.
- budget model names.
- budget cycles.
The setup of the budgeting module, contains several steps:
- Setup parameter and sequence number
- Setup exchange rate for budget
- Setup financial dimensions to use for budgeting
- Create budget model
- Create budget code
- Create budget transfer rules
- Setup budget allocation rules
- Setup Budget Cycle