This articles describes how to settle manually a customer transaction with a payment in Dynamics AX 2012
1/ Customer settlement
Access: Accounts receivable > Common > Customers > All customers
If a payment was entered and posted, but not yet settled with an invoice or other transaction, you can settle the payment and invoice by opening the Settle open transactions form from the Customers forms.
This article describes how to setup document type in Dynamics AX 2012 and how to transfer data stored in Dynamics AX tables into documents of different types like Word, Excel… You can use document type if you have to export data from an invoice, journal or other form into a document with standard text. To illustrate the setup, I will create a word document, linked to the free text invoice.
Access: Files > Tools > Options > General tab
- Go to the user option to allow the use of document handling: select “Document handling active”
- Select “Show attachment status” to highlight the “Attachment button when a document is attached to the record (invoice, journal, …)
This article describes how to use the payment journal with a deposit slip in the accounts receivable module of Dynamics AX 2012. To create a deposit slip, you can use the Enter customer payments form or directly enter the payment in a journal.
Option A: Payment journal & Enter customer payment form
This article describes how to create a free text invoice in Dynamics AX 2012.
A free text invoice is an invoice that is not attached to a sales order. A free text invoice contains a header and one or more lines for items or services that are not tracked in inventory. Free text invoices are generally used by the accounting service because you need to put directly the general account in the lines.
This article describes how to use the payment journal in the accounts receivable module of Dynamics AX 2012. There are several options to do the payment flow:
- Option A: payment journal and Enter customer payments form.
- Option B: payment journal and settlement function.
- Option C: payment journal and payment proposal.
- Option D: payment journal and posting in Payments Transfers form.
This article describes how to use the BOE journals in Dynamics AX 2012,in the case of an unapaid BOE:
- Step 1: Create the BOE with the “Draw BOE journals”.
- Step 2: Remit the BOE to the bank with the “Remittance journal”.
- Step 3: Enter the unpaid BOE in a “Protest journal”.
BOE unpaid schema:
This article describes how to use the BOE journals in Dynamics AX 2012, when a customer does not approve a BOE :
- Step 1: Create the BOE with the “Draw BOE journals” and sent the file.
- Step 2: Customer didn’t approve the BOE : create a Protest journal.