This article describes how to create a free text invoice in Dynamics AX 2012.
A free text invoice is an invoice that is not attached to a sales order. A free text invoice contains a header and one or more lines for items or services that are not tracked in inventory. Free text invoices are generally used by the accounting service because you need to put directly the general account in the lines.
Access: AR > Common > Free text invoices > All free text invoices
- Click on “Free text invoice” button to create a new invoice
- Enter the customer account number,
- A description of the invoice,
- The general account number,
- The amount,
- The Sales tax group come from the setup of the customer,
- The item sales tax group come from the setup of the general account or from the general parameters.
- In the tab “Line details”, you can enter financial dimensions
- To check the total amount of the invoice, click on “Totals”
- In the header of the invoice, if necessary complete payment informations : methods of payment, due date, …
- When all the data are filled, Post the invoice
- To check the accounting, click on “Subledger journal”