This post describes how to fix the issue when the error message ” One or more accounting distribution is missing a ledger account or contains a ledger account that is not valid. Use the accounting distribution form or the Posting profile to update the ledger account. ” appear in the purchase order confirmation.
1/ Error message
Access: Accounts Payable > Common > Purchase orders > All purchase order
- Create a new Purchase order.
- Select Item number and other informations.
- Click on “Confirm”.
- An error message appears.
This error message appears because one or several ledger accounts are missing in the setup. You have to fix the posting profile setup (for the next purchase orders) and the line of the purchase order.
2/ Correction in the purchase order
- Go to the purchase order line
- Click on Financials > Distribution amounts
- You can see the the “Ledger account” field is empty. That is the origin of the error.
- Enter the ledger account missing.
- And close the accounting distribution form.
- You can now confirm and post your purchase order.
Remark: you can also open the Accounting distribution form from the Purchase tab > View distributions. By this way, you can see all the lines (better option if you have several lines in your purchase order).
3/ Correction in the Posting profile form.
Access: Inventory & warehouse management > Setup > Posting > Posting
- Go to the tab Purchase order
- Check if all ledger accounts are setup.
- In my case, the “Purchase expenditure for expense” was not filled for all item groups.