This article describes how to use the vendor invoice pool excluding posting details in Dynamics AX2012.
The invoices remain in the Vendor invoice pool excluding posting details journal until a user moves them into another journal for posting. The invoices are not posted to a temporary arrival account as are the invoices that are entered and posted in the Invoice register journal.
1/ Step 1: Create an invoice in the invoice pool
Access: AP > Journals > Invoices > Vendor invoice pool excluding posting details
- Create a new journal : click on “File > New”
- Select vendor account.
- Enter a description in the field “description”.
- Enter the total invoice amount in the filed “Credit”.
- Enter the invoice number in the field “Invoice”.
- In the tab “History”, select the person who will approve the invoice
2/ Step 2: approve and validate the invoice
Access: AP > Journals > Invoices > Invoice journal
- Create a new journal:
- Click on new
- Select the name of the journal
- Enter a description in the field “Description”
- Create lines and select invoice to approve:
- Click on Lines.
- Click on Functions > Invoice pool excl.posting.
- Select invoice to transfer in the journal.
- Click on Accept.
- Enter an offset account.
- In the tab “Invoice” check the field “Approved”.
- Update other data if needed.
- Post the invoice : click on Post > Post.